Come and bring a friend!
View the sale items — lots of great plants and orchid supplies — between 1:00 and 1:30 p.m.
Auction starts at 1:30 p.m. and goes until 4:30 p.m. All proceeds go to the Orchid Society of Greater Kansas City, a tax-exempt 501 (c)3 organization.
If you’re interested in donating plants or other orchid-related items email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with the following information:
- The total number of plants
- Names of plants to be donated (The list will be posted on our Blog and Web site.)
Give Monica a breakdown of your:
- blooming plants for auction
- non-blooming plants for auction
- non-blooming plants for the $5 and $10 sale tables
- a detailed description of any orchid-related items
For more auction information, including some plants already donated for the sale, click on keep reading below.
Please remember: donated plants should be healthy and pest free. Blooming plants are preferred. For non-blooming plants, a picture of the actual flower or representative flower (or at the very least a written description of the bloom) is highly recommended. Please note – the number of plants allowed per person may be limited.
Here’s a list of some of the fantastic orchids that will be at the auction. [See the OSGKC Blog’s Photo page for pictures.]
1. Sedirea japonica from Michel Orchid Nursery www.michelorchid.com
2. Blc. Chia Lin ‘Shinsu #1’ AM/AOS from Natt’s Orchids www.nattsorchids.com
3. Maxillaria tenufolia (in bloom-red flowers with coconut fragrance) from Fantasy Orchids Inc. www.fantasyorchids.com
4. Paph adductum ‘Dark Cloud’ X gigantifolum ‘Dark Warrior’ from Orchid Inn, Inc. www.orchidinnusa.com
5. Pleurothallis restrepiodes ‘Dragonstone’ CBR/AOS (2 available) from Prairie Orchids www.prairieorchids.com
6. Cattleya lueddemanniana from Ecuagenera Co. Ltda. www.ecuagenera.com
7. Phrag Peruflora’s Cirila Alca (kovachii X d’alessandroi) from Fox Valley Orchid, Ltd. www.foxvalleyorchids.com
This is the primary fundraiser for OSGKC. Remember: your donations may be tax-deductible as we are a 501(c)(3) organization. Receipts will be provided on auction day.
We are also still looking for volunteers to help with the auction. Please let Monica know if you’re interested.
Questions? Contact Monica McNamara at email@example.com or 913/851-8709.